If there is one chore no one enjoys doing, it’s cleaning the oven.
But it really doesn’t have to be all that difficult. Yes, there are tons of products out there for cleaning your oven but they can often be harmful to your oven’s interior finish as well as harmful to breathe in. A self-cleaning oven option is a great feature. However, if you don’t have that option, cleaning the oven doesn’t have to be difficult or harmful.
Taking a dirty oven and making it a clean oven can be done in less than one hour and without any harsh chemicals!
Check out this quick video for a super easy way to clean a dirty oven.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Mix about 3 Tbsp baking soda, a bit of water and some vinegar in an oven safe dish until it forms a paste.
- Dab the dirtiest areas with the mixture.
- Sit the remaining mixture in the oven safe bowl in the center of your center oven rack.
- Turn the oven to around 212 degrees fahrenheit.
- Leave the mix in for around 45 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow to cool for a bit.
- Wipe down the oven and remove all the build up easily!
Be sure your oven is cool and hasn’t been used recently before beginning this process.
Do not do the cleaning process while the oven is in use for baking.
If you ever have questions about cleaning your oven, best products to use, or how it operates, give your leasing office a call and we will be happy to send a maintenance technician to your home or answer any questions.