1. What is your rental criteria? What do you require for someone to rent at your community?
We are an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
All applications for residency submitted to Fath Properties will be run through a national credit bureau. In addition, in re viewing your application, all or part of the following areas will be taken into consideration:
- MINIMUM AGE – All applicants must be at least 18 years old. All adults 18 years old and over who will reside in the apartment must fill out an application and meet all application criteria. Any minors who will occupy the apartment on a regular basis must be listed on the application and must be under the direct care and supervision of the adult applicant(s).
- CRIMINAL HISTORY – Fath Properties will review any applicant with a criminal history, and make a decision based on individual cases.
- CREDIT – All credit status will be checked through the appropriate credit bureau. If no credit record can be obtained, Fath Properties may call the credit references that have been supplied on the application. Credit reports returned with a high-risk score can be accepted if the applicant is willing to pay our credit approval fee of $100–$800 depending on apartment size/community. The approval fee will only be offered if the applicant passes the other requirements for acceptance.
- RESIDENT/RENTAL HISTORY – Fath Properties requires at least 12 month’s residential/rental history be provided. Any balance due on prior landlord will have to be verified prior to approval. Prior residential history may also be requested or obtained by Fath Properties and used to determine an applicant’s qualifications for rental. First time renters that have no rental history and no credit but meet our income qualifications can pay our first time renter fee of $100–$800 to be approved.
- Current employment or job offer used to meet the income criteria will be verified, including salary amount and start date.
- Applicant must have been continuously employed a minimum of three months directly prior to application date.
- Each applicant must provide a current paycheck stub; self-employed individuals must provide copies of tax returns, which will be used to verify both income level and consistency of that income over the past three months.
- Full Amounts of Social Security and disability income can be used to qualify. Other sources may be used up to a maximum of $250/month.
- If an individual fails to meet the income requirement but has at least 12 times the monthly rent in cash (or a cash equivalent) in a savings account/liquid asset, then the income requirement is considered to be met with proper proof.
One applicant must make the minimum income requirement that is specified by the community. Income requirements vary based on the home size and the rental amount. Contact the leasing office for information.
- VEHICLE CONDITION – All resident vehicles must be listed on the application and must adhere to Fath Properties vehicle policy.
- CO-SIGNERS – A cosigner may be accepted for applicants who do not meet the minimum income required. The applicant must qualify in all respects other than income. All co-signers must complete an application and meet additional requirements.
- NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS – We allow 2 persons per bedroom. For example a one bedroom home is limited to two occupants. A two bedroom home is limited to four occupants. A three bedroom home is limited to six occupants. A four bedroom home is limited to eight occupants.
NON US CITIZENS – All non US Citizens must provide at least one form identifying that you are entitled to be in the US AND one form of photo identification.
If we are unable to verify information necessary for processing of an application or, if an application is deficient in any of the categories outlined, the entire application may be rejected by Fath Properties.
2. What is the Fath Guarantee?
- Fath Properties guarantees that if you are not completely satisfied with your apartment you may, with prior notification to the manager, vacate the apartment within 30 days of moving in. You will be eligible to receive a full refund of all deposits paid to Fath Properties within 30 days of vacating and be released from your agreement, provided all other rules, conditions, and terms of occupancy have been met.
3. Why is there a Vehicle Condition Policy?
- One of our unique policies is the Vehicle Condition Agreement that is part of our Rental Criteria and an Addendum to the Lease Agreement. Amazingly it came from our applicants consistently telling us that the first thing they looked at were the cars in the parking lot. If there were rusted, heavily dented, disabled or unsightly cars, they assumed the property was poorly operated and they would have neighbors that were unacceptable. We understand that your automobile is a personal item; however, we believe that a car that is not well maintained detracts from the overall appearance of the customer’s home.
4. If I change my mind on the apartment, will I get my earnest money deposit and application fees back?
- Application fees are non-refundable for any reason.
- If your application is denied, you will automatically receive your earnest money deposit back.
- If your application is approved, your earnest money deposit is non-refundable.
5. Can I pay my rent online?
- Online rent payments are available through our Resident Portal. Once you become a resident at one of our communities, you will be given access to the Resident Portal which offers you access to pay your rent online, check your account balance as well as submit maintenance requests. You can access the Resident Portal via your community’s website as well as a via a free app for your smartphone. Once signed up you can submit online one-time or recurring payments using your checking or savings account, debit card or credit card (service fees apply to debit and credit transactions). Residents may also sign up for an automatic withdrawal from a checking or savings account. Contact your Leasing Office for more information on how to set up automatic payments.
6. Do you offer short-term leases? What are your terms?
- Most of our communities do not offer short-term leases. If you choose to go with a lease term that is shorter than 12 months, additional fees may apply. Contact your community for more information on their short-term lease policy.
7. Do you allow pets? What is your pet policy?
- All of our communities are pet friendly although we do have restrictions on what pets are allowed. Our communities also have pet deposits and monthly pet rent that is required for pet owners. Deposits, pet rent, and allowable pets vary by community. Contact your community’s leasing team for more information on their pet policy.