We are an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
All applications for residency submitted to Fath Properties will be run through a national credit bureau. In addition, in reviewing your application, all or part of the following areas will be taken into consideration:
- MINIMUM AGE – All applicants must be at least 18 years old. All adults 18 years old and over who will reside in the apartment must fill out an application and meet all application criteria. Any minors who will occupy the apartment on a regular basis must be listed on the application and must be under the direct care and supervision of the adult applicant(s).
- CRIMINAL HISTORY – Fath Properties will review any applicant with a criminal history, and make a decision based on individual cases.
- CREDIT – All credit status will be checked through the appropriate credit bureau. If no credit record can be obtained, Fath Properties may call the credit references that have been supplied on the application. Credit reports returned with a high or severe risk score can be accepted if the applicant is willing to pay our credit approval fee of $100.00–$600.00 depending on apartment size. The approval fee will only be offered if the applicant passes the other requirements for acceptance.
- RESIDENT/RENTAL HISTORY – Fath Properties requires at least 12 month’s residential/rental history be provided. Any balance due on prior landlord will have to be verified prior to approval. Prior residential history may also be requested or obtained by Fath Properties and used to determine an applicant’s qualifications for rental. First time renters that have no rental history, no credit or good credit but meet our income qualifications can pay our first time renter fee of $100.00–$600.00 to be approved.
- Current employment or job offer used to meet the income criteria will be verified, including salary amount and start date.
- Applicant must have been continuously employed a minimum of three months directly prior to application date.
- Each applicant must provide a current paycheck stub; self-employed individuals must provide copies of tax returns, which will be used to verify both income level and consistency of that income over the past three months.
- Full Amounts of Social Security and disability income can be used to qualify. Other sources may be used up to a maximum of $250/month.
- If an individual fails to meet the income requirement but has at least 12 times the monthly rent in cash (or a cash equivalent) in a savings account/liquid asset, then the income requirement is considered to be met with proper proof.
One applicant must make the minimum income requirement that is specified by the community. Income requirements vary based on the home size and the rental amount. Contact the leasing office for information.
- VEHICLE CONDITION – All resident vehicles must be listed on the application and must adhere to Fath Properties vehicle policy.
- CO-SIGNERS – A co-signer may be accepted for applicants who are 18–25 years of age, a full time student, in the military or retired over 62 and meet criteria. The applicant must qualify in all respects other than income. All co-signers must complete an application and meet additional requirements.
- NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS – We allow 2 persons per bedroom. For example a one bedroom home is limited to two occupants. A two bedroom home is limited to four occupants. A three bedroom home is limited to six occupants. A four bedroom home is limited to eight occupants.
- NON US CITIZENS – All non US Citizens must provide at least one form identifying that you are entitled to be in the US AND one form of photo identification. A supplemental application form is also required to be completed.
If we are unable to verify information necessary for processing of an application or, if an application is deficient in any of the categories outlined, the entire application may be rejected by Fath Properties.