They’re like family. We want to make it as easy for you as possible to love and care for your pups without having to spend a lot of time wondering where to take your favorite furry friend for an off-leash run, a day of monitored play, a sleepover, or to join you someplace pup-friendly for a cold brew where dogs are welcome.
Read on for our list of Dogs Welcome Here! locations in South Dayton near your Fath Properties apartment.
South: Centerville, Miamisburg
- Washington Place Apartments Dog Park. 8801 Motter Lane, Miamisburg. A residents-only, fenced-in park featuring dog agility equipment and a poop station. Open dawn to dusk, furry friends large and small play together. BYOW (bring your own water). More info here.
- Montgomery County Bark Park. 6790 Webster St, Montgomery County Bark Park is comprised of six acres of land which are neatly divided into two fenced sections named Sonny’s Acres and Bark Park Hill. There’s agility equipment, a water supply, a poop station, plenty of shade trees, plus benches for humans. A dog license and current vaccinations are required. More info here.
- Deeds Point Dog Park. 2600 Ridge Ave, Dayton. Located in Triangle Park, the dog park section is enormous with plenty of running space on both the small and large dog sides. Lots of trees and shelters make it ideal on a sunny day. There’s plenty of water for dogs and humans, trash cans, bags for cleanup, ample parking, a paved walkway, and a gravel one. Lots of picnic tables, benches, and even some Adirondack chairs. The dog park is located right across the Mad River from downtown Dayton, OH, in the McCook Field Neighborhood. More info here.
- Creager Field Dog Park. 210 Shafor Blvd, Oakwood. Tucked away in a residential neighborhood, this park features fenced large and small dog areas each with a water supply, agility equipment, poop stations, shade trees, and picnic tables and benches for pet parents. There’s plenty of parking adjacent to the park. Open year-round from dawn to dusk. More info here.
- Canal Run Dog Park. 550 S. Main St, Miamisburg. $20 Annual Membership Required. Located in Community Park, the three fenced and secured areas are organized by dog size to ensure your pup has appropriate playmates. The park includes a water fountain for dogs and their humans, and benches. and poop stations. The entrance to the park is secured by a locking gate, followed by a fenced-in unleashing area. Dog-centered pop-up events are free for members. More info here.
- Dog Park at Oak Grove Park. 1790 E. Social Row Rd, Centerville. Separate one-acre areas for large and small pups with water provided. A shade structure, shade trees, benches, and picnic tables are planned additions. More info here.
- Pet Supplies Plus. 987 S. Main St. Centerville. Pet supplies, pet care clinic.
- PetSmart. 2028 Miamisburg Centerville Rd, Dayton, and 4333 Feedwire Rd, Sugarcreek Twsp. Pet supplies, grooming, training, adoptions, vet care, boarding, and doggie day camp.
- PetPeople. 6221 Far Hills Ave, Dayton. Pet supplies, dog wash, grooming.
- Petco. 300 E. Stroop, Dayton. Pet supplies, grooming, vaccinations.
- Pet Wants Dayton. 8172 Washington Church Rd. Pet supplies.
- Thia Pets Grooming. 871 E Franklin St, Centerville. 4.8 star rating. In business for 3+ years.
- Wash Your Dog. 1999 E Alex Bell Rd, Ste 402, Centerville. 4.3 star rating, 20+ years in business. Professional grooming plus self-serve wash stations.
- Animal Castle. 877 S Main St, Centerville 4.5 star rating. 10+ years in business.
- House of Paws. 94A Westpark Rd, Centerville. 4.6 star rating. 3+ years in business. Grooming and boarding.
- Urban Dog Day Spa. 40 N Main St #101, Miamisburg. 4.7 star rating, 5+ years in business. Walk-in services are available.
- Jenny’s Pooch Parlor. 420 S 3rd St, Miamisburg. 4.9 star rating; 7+ years in business.
- Pawsome Pet Supplies & Grooming. 27 Alexandersville Rd, Miamisburg. Pet supplies, grooming, and walk-in services are available.
- SLEEPOVERS & DOGGIE DAYCARE
- Pet Shack Resort. 354 Social Row Rd., Dayton. Boarding, day play, baths, nails.
- Club K9 Doggy Daycare. 95 Compark Rd, Centerville. Day play, boarding, 27/7 monitoring, webcam.
- Homeward Bound Pet Care. 175 W Franklin St. Centerville. Dog walking and pet sitting in your home.
- PetSuites Dayton. 3773 Summit Glen Dr, Miamisburg. Boarding, daycare, grooming, training.
- GOING OUT
- Graeter’s Ice Cream. 2 N Main St, Centerville. Graeter’s Ice Cream, located in Centerville, is a small-batch ice cream shop that serves up French pot-style ice cream created using fresh, delicious ingredients. Fido is welcome to join you at one of their pet-friendly outdoor benches while you indulge your sweet tooth. Choose from an array of flavors including Vienna Coffee, Dutch Milk Chocolate, Butter Pecan, Salted Caramel, Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Chip, Toffee Chocolate Chip, Peach, Pumpkin, Cinnamon, and more! Try the Cheese Crown – cheesecake-flavored ice cream with cinnamon sugar pastry pieces and fondant icing flakes! Please note that table service isn’t available, so your dog will need to be tied up outside when you go in to order.
- Lock 27 Brewing. 1035 S Main St, Centerville. Lock 27 Brewing is a local gastropub in Centerville, OH serving up house-brewed beer and comfort food on a dog-friendly patio.
- City Barbeque. 5 E Franklin St, Centerville. City Barbeque is a dog-friendly restaurant serving authentic and inspired craft barbeque to Washington locals and tourists alike. Visitors to City Barbeque can bring Fido and head to one of its ten outdoor tables. Please note that table service isn’t available, so your dog will need to be tied up outside when you go in to order.
- Five Guys. 1057 Miamisburg Centerville Rd, Centerville. Choose from menu options including burgers, sandwiches, hot dogs, fries, milkshakes, and more. Fido is welcome to join you at one of their pet-friendly outdoor tables while you enjoy your meal. Please note that table service isn’t available, so your dog will need to be tied up outside while you go in to order.
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers. 5501 Wilmington Pike, Centerville. This dog-friendly eatery welcomes pups to join their owners on the outdoor patio. After your delicious lunch or dinner, try their freshly churned creamy desserts!
- Wheat Penny Oven & Bar. 515 Wayne Avenue, Dayton. Wheat Penny is a locally owned restaurant with an eclectic flair and eleven dog-friendly tables. The menu reflects the chefs’ love for Italian food with plenty of inspiration from local cuisine, too.
- Dublin Pub. 300 Wayne Ave, Dayton. Dublin Pub is an authentically Irish pub serving up appetizers, burgers, salads and sandwiches, Irish specialties, and plenty of beer on tap. Fido is welcome to join at the pub’s dog-friendly outdoor tables while you fill up on Whiskey Pork Chops with a pint of Guinness Stout.
- Bennett’s Publical. 67 S Main St, Miamisburg. Dogs are welcome at several outdoor tables with over 100 seats at this sports bar in Miamisburg serving comfort food and pub fare alongside drinks from the full bar.
- The Trolley Stop. 530 E 5th St, Dayton. The Trolley Stop, located in Dayton, OH, is a dog-friendly tavern where Fido can join you at an outdoor table.
- Another Broken Egg Cafe. 3450 Rigby Rd, Miamisburg. A dog-friendly, Southern-inspired restaurant, serving breakfast, brunch, and lunch to Miamisburg locals and tourists alike. Those wandering along Rigby Road with a craving for biscuit beignets can head to one of the Cafe’s six outdoor tables to enjoy alongside their canine companion.
- Smashburger. 1200 Brown St, Dayton. Eight pet-friendly outdoor tables, so you can bring your dog along. Please note that table service isn’t available, so your dog will need to be tied up outside while you go in to order.
- South Park Tavern. 1301 Wayne Ave, Dayton. South Park Tavern is a dog-friendly spot to enjoy pizza and beer in Dayton. Visitors to the Tavern with Fido in tow can head to one of its seven outdoor tables to dig in alongside their furry friend. South Park advises that guests with dogs call ahead before planning their outing.
- For more Dayton pup-friendly restaurants and breweries, see Dayton937’s recommendations here.
Disclaimer: This list was assembled by the Fath Properties marketing team who have been Googling like crazy on your behalf. We have no personal experience with the vast majority of these businesses (although we are most definitely dog lovers and have personal experience with businesses in our various home locations), so do not necessarily endorse them due to our global inexperience. This writer would not mind a fact-finding expedition to experience them all with pup-in-tow, but that would be a story for another day). This list is provided here for you simply to narrow down your search for services and Dogs Welcome Here! locations near your Fath apartment in South Dayton.
Have fun taking your furry friends everywhere Dogs Are Welcome Here! locations in the Dayton area near your Fath Properties apartment home. Maybe we’ll see you there.
And tell your dog we said, “Hi!”